November 8, 2012

Inspirations

On 7 Nov 2012, A young man named Ryan Woods passed away after a brief but courageous battle with cancer. I only knew him online, but his walk in his final days and his previous work and writing have left a deep impression upon me. He had a great impact on many other lives as well, and his legacy will continue for many years to come.





For me, it sometimes becomes easier to believe in Christ than in Christians. Ryan's life is the perfect antidote for that cynicism. Even though I didn't know him personally, I will miss him. Please keep his wife Jessica and his two young children in your prayers.



Another inspiring writer I've been reading lately is Wade Burleson of Emmanuel Church of Enid, OK. His writings are a refreshing call to keep our attention focused on the true root of our faith. While I have serious problems with much of SBC theology, of which Wade is a member, I wouldn't hesitate to attend his church if I lived in his area. He speaks out against abuses of power within congregations and stands up for fair and loving acceptance of all people to join in worship of the Master.


Other Christian writers inspire my mind to deeper thought and contemplation. These two men inspire my heart to love.








No comments:

Post a Comment