October 31, 2013

Repent and Relaunch

I've been silent here for a while.

I've removed a lot of posts.

I have to repent of some former attitudes and words.

For too long now, I've let my attitude be influenced towards anger and negativity; it's a natural thing for humans when we see injustice and wrongdoing.

But that anger neither served me nor the causes I wanted to stand up for. It wasn't a righteous anger within me; it was nothing more than my own anger magnified and rationalized.




I've left several online communities recently, not because I disagree with their positions or dislike the people involved, but because I can't effectively maintain a positive and edifying attitude when I focus on injustice, wrongdoing, and dogmatism.

 8.Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. 9.The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. - Philippians 4:8,9 NASB

There's probably more than one reason Paul told us to dwell on those things, rather than the evil we see in the world. I want the God of peace and love to be with me, not a false god of wrath and vengeance created in my own heart by my own negativity.

There are some people that are disappointed in me because of this. I can only ask their forgiveness. I only know that if I want to be edified, healed, and forgiven, I have to focus on bringing those things to the lives of others. That is where the transforming love of Christ exists, not in arguing and pointing fingers.

It is my hope to bring you posts that will not only make you think differently about some things, but to help build us up to be more effective workers for Christ and comforters for our neighbors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment