December 25, 2011

Christmas Gifts

I was just watching the local morning news and the station had asked on their Facebook page if people had gotten the gift they wanted. After a night and morning of listening to Andrew Peterson's "Behold The Lamb of God", the joy so many people take in materialism struck me wistfully.

Love.

It's the only real gift there is.

The sting of losing the love of a person still very dear to me is tempered by my reflections on this time of remembering the greatest gift of love ever given. 

"Behold, the Lamb of God that takes away our sins has come."

I can't think about the joyousness of His birth here without looking ahead to His sacrifice for us. 

His blood of the covenant, poured out for us, to save us from our sins, to save us from ourselves.

Surely, He has, and continues to, take up our infirmities and carry our sorrows.



Everything else pales in comparison.


No comments:

Post a Comment